In case of all emergencies, please call our service number +49 30 403 907-900. Everybody basically knows what an emergency is and what you need to do in an emergency. But sometimes everything happens so fast that you become flustered and distressed and start to forget the most important things. Imagine you are just about to settle down to a nice quiet evening in your apartment when suddenly you notice water dripping from the ceiling. The first thing that comes to mind is an overflowing bath or a burst pipe perhaps. The first person you need to talk to is the tenant who lives in the apartment above yours. If no one answers or opens the door, you need to report the damage to the caretaker in charge of your building, or call our office on +49 30 403 907-900.

The case described above constitutes an emergency that needs to be resolved urgently in order to avoid further damage to the property. Other emergencies can be a fire, explosion or flooding. Please help us, and remember that the sooner you report such an incident to us, or to the fire brigade, the more likely the chance that no one is injured and less damage is done to your possessions or our property.

If you are not sure whether or not it is in your case an emergency – for example when you detect the unpleasant smell of gas in your apartment – please remember that prevention is better than cure and that it is better to report your worries or fears rather than to risk danger to life or limb or damage to either your property or ours. A dripping tap or a faulty window seal is not an emergency; it is an issue of disrepair which we would ask you to report to our office accordingly. Please note that any misuse of the emergency number will result in your being required to pay the full costs.

Notice of termination

Notice period

The notice period for all tenants is three months (unless otherwise stated in the tenancy agreement). Notice must be given in written form and properly signed and must be delivered to us by the 3rd work day of a month. Should you wish to cancel your notice, this must be done in written form too. Please note that a tenancy agreement can only be cancelled by all the main tenants! You will find a notice form under Forms.

Restoring the property to its original state

Textile flooring, wall and ceiling cladding, structural alterations to the apartment and other installations must be removed by the tenant prior to move out. This also applies to any furniture or fittings from the previous tenants.

New tenant

If you have terminated the tenancy of your apartment and have found a new tenant, then they must apply for the apartment with the following documents:

  • Current credit report (SCHUFA)
  • Proof of rent payment certificate (no rent arrears)
  • Proof of income documents for the last 3 months
  • Copy of passport/ID


Please inform us in writing if you wish to sublet your apartment. If your apartment is large enough and there are no other reasons why this should not be possible, then we will, of course, grant you your request. Please use the form we have provided to submit your request for subletting your apartment.

Keeping pets

Please submit your application for permission to keep a pet before you keep a pet in your apartment. Permission is always granted individually depending on the animal you wish to keep, the entrance to the building and the estate. The way your pet needs to be kept is also a factor. We reserve the right to revoke permission at any given time if we receive any complaints. You will find an application to keep pets under Forms.

No permission is necessary for small pets like guinea pigs, hamsters, and budgerigars.

Disrepair notice

When you report an issue of disrepair to the property management, we will arrange for it be fixed without delay. When the repair has been carried out, you will automatically receive an invoice taking into account the sum you as a tenant are obliged to pay. In such a case, you have no influence on the cost!

When you signed up to the tenancy, you agreed to bear the costs for smaller repairs up to ancertain amount (for each repair). This German legislation was introduced to protect the landlord from having to carry the cost for any minor damages to the property that may occur during the tenancy. Please note that these costs can be charged to you regardless of the cause of the damage. The total acceptable amount for one year is limited to a certain percentage of the annual basic “cold” rent (see tenancy agreement).

We would like to assure you, however, that in keeping with the provision of commercial due diligence we only contract firms that charge prices that are in line with the particular trade. Furthermore, you will also receive a guarantee for any work that has been commissioned by the property management and subsequently carried out.

Report any issue of disrepair to your home either online under Tenant Service/Defect Report or use the Pdf Form under Tenant Service/Forms.


Any complaints must be made to us in writing. Should you wish to complain about a neighbour who has violated the house rules, we will require specific details including the time and date and type of disturbance, as well as signatures from other tenants in the building. A Disturbance report protocol can be found under Tenant Service/Forms.

Security Deposit

How and when do I get my security deposit back?

Your security deposit is paid into the savings account of a bank with a normal interest rate. The landlord is authorised to offset claims arising from the tenancy against the security deposit. This happens, as a rule, at the end of the tenancy.

The landlord is entitled to offset claims that result from when the apartment has not been returned properly. This is why an inspection of the apartment is carried out together with the tenant at the end of tenancy. The landlord is authorised to offset the deposit against any back rent.

As a rule, it should be possible to say if there are still any outstanding claims approximately six months after the end of a tenancy. Should this not be the case, then the savings account is closed with a period of notice of one month and the amount, including interest, is subsequently paid out to the tenant. As a rule, the amount is paid out after six months.

Credit payments / Prepayments

You have received your summary of charges and have been credited with an amount. How can your prepayments nevertheless be increased?

We calculate prepayments on the basis that they are proportionate and appropriate. The costs listed in your summary of charges are for the previous year. In the meantime, there may have been price increases which justify an increase in prepayments, even when an amount has been credited to you in your last summary.